He says that I say things are a tradition, but then my family tells him that we only did it once.
So here are some of my favorite traditions- and if you wish, you can comment and say which are real and which are fake and add in any I forgot :)
- Decorating for FHE
- Mom's white/silver Christmas Tree
- Running around the house on Christmas Eve to get tired
- Christmas Eve with the Shoells (Nativity)
- Singing Hymns together
- Pajamas from Mrs. Claus
- The White Stocking
- Me closing my eyes until we are all in the living room
- Waking all the kids up and then waking up Mom and Dad
- Brushing our teeth before we can open presents
- Mom making delicious breakfast (I'm hoping for coffee cake this year)
- Going to Gma and Gpas' houses
- Doing a talent at Gma and Gpas
- Wearing our new clothes to Gma and Gpas
Old/One time traditions
- Wearing pajamas to the Ward Christmas breakfast
- Showering together - (EXCEPT ERIC!!!) (haha)
- Going Ice Skating
- Going to Temple Square
- Mom and Dad singing "Baby It's Cold Outside"
As you can tell, I am very excited for Christmas and I hope that we can spend a lot of time with family and not a lot of time at Olive Garden :)
Paul and I put up Christmas lights today!